Trans360 provides third party skills test for Oregon. We have a Class A vehicle available for rental if you do not have one. We provide testing for all CMV's EXCEPT school buses.

We also have an online course to assist you in the written General Knowledge, Air Brake and Combination test. Just click the online courses link at the top of the page and then CDL Plus Online Training.

All drivers must have a CDL if they wish to operate: A single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 or more pounds.

Pull a trailer with a GVWR of 10,001 or more pounds if the gross combination weight rating is 26,001 or more pounds.

Drive a vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver).

Any size vehicle which requires hazardous material placards.

The process prior to scheduling your test is listed below

The qualifications needed to obtain and hold a CDL instruction (or learner's) permit are dependent on the type of driving you do or intend to do and the type of driving you certify.

If you certify a driving type of intrastate or excepted interstate, you must:


You may also need to take any additional test if you intend to drive a CMV that:
Has Airbrakes
Designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver).
Any size vehicle which requires hazardous material placards


You will get an instructional permit that is valid for one year. If you feel you need additional CDL training. You may search for a certified truck driver training school by using the lists provided by the Professional Truck Driver Institute. Access the list of schools with certified programs in and around Oregon at

Of course, some drivers are needed for school and passenger buses. If you are interested in these jobs, then contact individual companies like Greyhound (visit corporate websites to find information) or local Oregon school districts.

When you are ready to schedule a CDL skills test.

You can do your test through the DMV or a third-party testing service. One advantage of using a third-party service is that the service might provide its own vehicle for testing. Otherwise, you need to get your own vehicle for testing purposes. Schools and employers sometimes provide a commercial vehicle for skills-test purposes. . You can call Trans360 to schedule in the Portland area. We have routes in NE, NW and SE. We will need to schedule at least 48hrs prior to the test. Call Trans 360 at 503-554-9621 to schedule or contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .


Upcoming Courses

No events